Wednesday, December 29, 2004

In search of a driver swing

Hit my longest drive ever off the tee at #1 at Nisqually Valley, the goat track called a golf course down the road from our house. I've been working so hard a straitening out the stroke. I typically send the ball far right off the tee. The ball ended up approximately 260 yards down the fairway from the white tees. It went so far because it went mostly strait which is nothing short of miraculous.

Here's the thoughts and technique that I've been trying to employ:

1. No reverse pivot... keep hips still or even slide them slightly (1-2 inches) back on the backswing. Stay back on the downswing and let arms pull you foreword.

2. Position chest above right foot.

3. Close club-face slightly at address.

4. Swing from the inside.

Many times I'll fall back into old habits and have to correct myself but I'm heading in the general direction of improvement. I'm really pleased with that one drive because it shows me that I was heading in the right direction. I feel that with persistence and discipline I'll achieve the consistent swing I'm looking for.

None of this comes naturally of course, it must be a deliberate and methodical approach to improvement with my eyes on long term results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home