Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Mallet or Blade?

Well, I keep trying this crazy center shafted mallet putter I got for Christmas and I seem to be getting better with it. The thing I should remember about my blade putter is that I spent a lot of time with it getting into a groove and understanding alignment and the feel of my swing. Having moved to the center shafted mallet during my living room practice at least has involved quite a few changes. The mallet is heavier, alignment is different because the shaft is at the center of the putter, the grip is much smaller than the Winn grip I had put on the blade a couple of months ago, and the look is entirely different.

One of the keys really is believing in your equipment. The more time I spend with the Mezza the more confidence I have in it, although it still doesn't feel like my go-to putter yet.

The biggest problem I have is with distance. It has been very difficult for me to get a feel for distance. This probably has to do with the heavier head and the soft insert that they put on the face of the putter. I suppose it takes time. I've been so up and down, back and forth with this putter. I feel like I'm starting to understand what needs to happen to make an effective and consistent stroke with it so I'll give it a little more time and then we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home