Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Swing

I had a great time today. I was only out for a couple of hours but enjoyed being outside and using the clubs again.

I think I've moved toward a one-plane movement in recent months. The most important thing I can do is simplify my action. I get twisted into a pretzel trying to replicate good feelings. I've discovered simplicity is the best.

I've watched myself in a mirror and feel that "one-plane" is a good way to describe my swing. It's close to that anyway. Here are a few thoughts:

  1. I believe I am bent a bit more at the waist at address.

  2. My hands are lower at the apex of my back-swing. I am striving for this.

  3. I am keeping my right elbow down in the back-swing and making an effort at keeping it close to me throughout the back- and down-swing.

  4. My swing has flattened some. Its easier for me to pick the ball and I am not quite as prone to dig.

  5. I'm making an effort to retain spine angle (good for any plane).

  6. I'm overlapping my grip instead of interlocking. That feels much more secure.


I don't think of all those things but I do refer to them when I feel I'm missing something. When I do swing the club all I think is "go." It is much easier to pull the club away and let it go through the follow-through with my new swing.

Part of it might be that I'm not hung up after too much swinging but I do believe I've made a significant change based on today's performance. I hacked it up a bit but that's all part of the fun. Good shots seemed easier to come by given the fact that I haven't properly hit a ball in six+ months.

Lots of fun. :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home